Content feed Comments Feed

Annual Conference Reflection: Jasmine Martin

Posted by We Are DRE Thursday, August 13, 2009



Hello All!!

The First Annual Disciplined Respected Entrepreneurs Conference was absolutely stunning! From the fabulous gala to meeting fellow members and learning about their ideas and goals, I left the conference feeling empowered and confident in my vision for myself. D.R.E. and Mr. Farr were totally right; when you are surrounded by prodigious talent, you have no option but to raise your own standard higher and higher. I have written new goals for myself, after removing "can't" and "trying" from my vocabulary. My faith has also grown deeper, and I feel that God is leading me down the right path, especially after faith was heavily emphasized by Mr. Farr and the D.R.E. Executive Team.

What I learned and valued the most from this conference, though, is the power of the dedicated, tenacious and intellectual "we". Mr. Ray Lewis described it best: "If I hold up my hand against you [with outstretched fingers] you can individually break off each finger. But if I ball my fingers up into a fist, then NOTHING can stop me." This idea of the power of the collective whole is something that I do not think I have ever experienced or realized. I have always been one to help others by any means necessary, but I never understood the true definition of working together as a group, and being a support system for one another. It is a powerful feeling when you know that you can trust a fellow member enough to ask them to help you develop your business ideas or even be a partner in your business!

I am excited and feeling blessed to be a part of D.R.E. and to have attended the conference.

Best,

Jasmine Martin

D.R.E. Album

Big Banner

Mr. Farr Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter